#Cook5WithKate · #nationalvegetarianweek · HAPPINESS · HEALTH · Plant Based · recipe · Vegan · Vegetarian · VITALITY ·
Five Bean Chilli
Five Bean Chilli
On a cold day, warm up with this totally delicious 5 Bean Chilli. Simple, delicious and extremely nutritious, it's packed with #Enerjoy! Perfect for #Veganuary or if you are trying to eat a more plan-based diet.
Get the basics in ALDI to keep the costs down.
Low in fat and high in fibre, eating beans and pulses will also help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Rich in B Vitamins, slow-releasing carbohydrate, potassium and protein, this is a great dish to get you back on track after overindulging over Christmas!
Prep 5 mins | Cook 25 mins | Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, sliced
- 1 stick celery, chopped finely
- 1 fresh green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
- ½ can each cannellini beans, black beans, butter beans, chickpeas, drained (great value at ALDI!)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Avocado slices and more chopped fresh green chillis
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently sauté the onion, chilli and celery for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and the spices and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tinned beans and tomatoes, brown sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer very gently for 20 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Add the lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in warmed bowls with rice or tortillas, and the toppings.
Leave a comment