15 Minute Creamy Avocado Spaghetti with Basil, Feta & Pine Nuts
What’s for supper? Why not try this very delicious and super quick creamy avocado spaghetti recipe! You may have noticed that I have a bit of a thing for avocados. That's because they're are so good for you! A rich source of healthy unsaturated fat, avocados pack a nutritional punch with nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. In fact, they contain even more potassium than bananas. This dish only takes 15 minutes to make; great for a weekday supper, great for the immune system, great for post exercise recovery and great for #Enerjoy!
Prep 5 mins | Cook 10 mins | Serves 4
- 400g spaghetti, wholemeal if poss.
- 4 slices of bacon (optional)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- large pinch of salt
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- squeeze of lemon
- 25g feta cheese, sliced very thinly or crumbled
- 25g pack of basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g pack of cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful toasted pine nuts
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water, according to the instructions on the pack.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, grill the bacon, if using. When it is nice and crispy, transfer to a plate, cool and break into pieces.
- On a chopping board, cut the avocados in half and remove the stones. Scoop out the flesh and transfer to a flat plate. Mash with a fork, then add the garlic, salt and pepper, squeeze of lemon juice, the torn basil leaves and most of the feta (keep a little basil and feta to the side to sprinkle on top for decoration).
- Drain the spaghetti when it is ready, saving a ladleful of the cooking water to prevent it from sticking. Return it to the saucepan, with the reserved cooking water, and then stir in the avocado mixture, the crispy bacon, if using, and the baby tomatoes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the pine nuts. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Serve on warmed pasta bowls and sprinkle over the reserved basil and feta, a few more pine nuts and the dried chilli flakes.