A 'guilt-free' option for those who love chocolate for breakfast!
- Prep – <5 minutes
- Cook – 25 minutes
Ingredients for 8-10 portions
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 50g brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut, rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- 50g toasted coconut flakes
- 50g stoned dates, chopped (optional)
- Fresh fruit and natural yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Mix together the oats, nuts, seeds, and cacao powder with the spices, honey, oil, water and salt in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, turning the mixture after 10 minutes or so for it to brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the dates, if using, and the toasted coconut flakes.
- Leave to cool completely. It will crisp up like magic!
- Eat with fresh fruit and natural yoghurt – it’s great layered up as in this image - or sprinkled onto your favourite cereal.
- Keeps fresh and crisp for up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container.