Packed with #enerjoy these Christmas Pudding energy balls provide the perfect compromise between good nutritious energy and a bit of treat. Let’s call them a ‘healthier’ Christmas snack! Rich in heart-friendly omega-3’s, B-vitamins, the powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory vitamin E, as well as potassium, calcium and magnesium, they’ll revitalise the body and sustain you through your yuletide activities!
Ingredients to make 15-20 balls
- 40g walnuts or pecan nuts
- 120g dates
- 160g mincemeat
- 80g porridge oats
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 25g ground almonds
- Zest of one orange, finely grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blitz until roughly chopped. Add the dates and blitz again, until the mixture starts to stick together. You can do this by hand if you prefer, by chopping the nuts and dates as finely as possible with a sharp knife.
- Add the mincemeat, porridge oats, mixed spice, ground almonds, orange zest and the coconut oil and blitz again, very briefly, until combined.
- Roll into small balls in the palm of your hands. Each one should weigh approximately 12g, about 1 ½ cm in diameter.
- Pour the icing sugar into a clean bowl and beat in the lime juice until smooth. Spoon the icing over the energy balls and decorate with your favourite Christmas cake decorations!