Yes, this is the homemade version of my best-selling Coconut + Date Go Bites! Packed with natural sugars, dates are a great source of vitamin B6, fibre, and important minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium and manganese, which, combined with sustaining oats and coconut, will strengthen the immune system and fuel energy stores; eat one before an early morning run if you haven’t got time for breakfast, pop a couple in the kid’s lunchbox or treat yourself to one for a tasty snack with a cuppa.
Prep time - 5 minutes!
Equipment required: food processor
Ingredients for about 20 balls
- 120g dates
- 80g jumbo mixed raisins
- 20g desiccated coconut plus 2 tbsp to coat
- 20g porridge oats
- Place the dates and raisins in a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to stick together. Add the coconut and oats and give the mix a quick blast to combine.
- Take small handfuls of mixture, about 12g each, and roll into balls in the palm of your hands.
- Spoon 2 tbsp desiccated coconut into a bowl and then toss the balls in the mix to cover completely.
- These will keep for a couple of weeks, stored in a plastic bag or airtight container.