'Tis the season ... for these totally delicious Christmas Spiced Chocolate Orange Brownie Bites! I've shaped these like a Christmas Pudding for a bit of fun but you could equally press the mixture into a tray lined with parchment paper and cut out shapes with festive cookie cutters!. Packed with #Enerjoy! and deeply chocolatey to sustain you through your yuletide activities!
Prep 10 mins | No-Cook | Makes 15-20 bites
- 200g pitted dates
- 20g porridge oats
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp tahini or nut butter (or a mix of both)
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- zest of an orange
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Optional extras: 1 piece stem ginger, chopped, 30g glace cherries or mixed peel, chopped, 1 tbsp roasted hazelnuts or walnuts, chopped.
- For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lime or orange juice
- Place all the ingredients - except the chocolate chips and any optional extras - in a food processor and blitz until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the chocolate chips and any extras you've chosen. Combine with the mixture with your hands so that the bits are pretty much evenly distributed.
- Roll into small balls in the palm of your hands. Each one should weigh approximately 12g, about 1 ½ cm in diameter. Alternatively press down the mix into a tray lined with parchment paper, then lay parchment on top of the tray and use a bottle or a rolling pin to roll flat. You can then chop into squares or use festive cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Pour the icing sugar into a clean bowl and beat in the lime or orange juice until smooth. Spoon the icing over the energy balls or shapes and decorate with your favourite Christmas cake decorations!
Nutrition per serving