Brimming with nutritious energy, slow-releasing carbohydrate, protein and healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals, these are simple and speedy to make and will definitely bring #Enerjoy! to your breakfast table.
This is one of Kate's 5 #Cook5WithKate recipes to inspire families and young people to cook from scratch. Check out what it's all about and find more #Cook5WithKate recipes HERE.
Prep 5 mins | Cook 5 mins | Makes 6-8 Pancakes
- 3 tbsp plain white flour
- 3 tbsp jumbo porridge oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar (optional)
- Handful of raisins (optional)
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 large or 2 small ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp melted butter or sunflower oil to cook
- Combine the dry ingredients and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, briefly beat together the wet ingredients, with a fork, until combined. Add to the dry mixture and gently beat until just combined.
- Leave the batter to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan or pancake pan and with a little oil and/or melted butter. The pancakes brown quickly, so keep the pan on a low heat. Spoon tablespoons of batter into the pan to form 8-10 cm diameter cakes and cook for a couple of minutes. When little bubbles appear on the surface, flip the panckaes and cook on the other side for another couple of minutes until well risen and cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings – we like Greek yoghurt, almond butter and fruit – or sprinkle with sugar, wrap in foil and take with you if you’re racing away from home.