Everyone prefers this tasty granola to the bought stuff! Brimming with nutritious energy, slow-releasing carbohydrate, protein and healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals, it’s simple and speedy to make.
Enjoy at breakfast time, layered up rainbow style with fresh fruit and yoghurt or as a delicious snack, straight from the jar!
Prep 5 mins | Cook 20 mins | Serves 8-10
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 200g mixed nuts and seeds (for instance: sunflower and pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 100g mixed dried fruit (raisins, crystallised ginger, and dried apricots is nice), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Mix together the oats, nuts and seeds with the spices, honey or maple syrup, oil and water.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, turning the mixture after 10 minutes for it to brown evenly.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes or so. It will crisp up like magic.
- Add the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
- Enjoy ‘rainbow style’ as in the image, with yoghurt and fruit.
Nutrition per serving