Kate's Pea and Mint Soup
Deliciously creamy, simple to make, and using frozen peas; this is a recipe to rely on. Also a very affordable meal; suitable for everything from a relaxed lunch (with some nice bread) to a dinner party starter. Let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 700g frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Crème Fraiche
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Stir in the peas and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the mint leaves, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon out a few peas and set aside.
- Puree the soup in a blender and return to the pan along with the reserved whole peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a swirl of Crème Fraiche and a hunk of wholemeal bread.
Leave a comment