These delicious kebabs are a rich source of high quality protein for muscle growth and repair. Eat with brown rice or couscous, salad and perhaps some sweet chilli sauce!
Ingredients for 4 skewers
- 4 boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts, cut into 1”/2.5cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 cloves garlic, not peeled, crushed with the side of a flat knife
- 2 tsp coriander seed, roughly ground with a pestle and mortar
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 2 tsp oregano, tarragon or thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
You’ll need kebab skewers, a mixing bowl, a pestle & mortar and a tablespoon
- First get the chicken in the marinade; place the cubes of chicken into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and chill from anything between 1 to 24 hours to let the flavours infuse.
- If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in a bowl of water for 30 minutes or so before using them so that they don’t burn when you cook the kebabs.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the kebab sticks. Keep the marinade for basting.
- Heat the griddle, grill or barbecue so that it is really hot and cook the kebabs for about 10 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade every few minutes, until crisp and brown on the outside and just cooked through on the inside. Take care not to overcook, as the chicken will go dry.
- Serve with warmed pitta bread or wraps, a little chilli sauce, and some salad.