I do hope you enjoy these lemony pancakes. They are light, fluffy and very moreish! A perfect summery Sunday brunch served with extra lemon zest, crunchy demerara sugar and some fresh fruit...
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
Makes 12 medium pancakes
- 60g porridge oats
- 60g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Zest of 2 lemons (keep some aside to serve)
- 2 eggs, separated
- A little oil and a knob of butter
- Greek yoghurt and 2 tsp icing sugar serve
- Spoon the oats, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter, ricotta, maple syrup, lemon zest and 2 egg yolks gently with a fork. Add this to the flour mixture and combine to make a smooth(ish) batter.
- Take a small, clean bowl and add the egg whites. Whisk until it forms soft peaks, then gently fold into the pancake batter.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with a little butter and a drop of oil and, over a medium heat, spoon in 2-3 pancakes, using a heaped tablespoon of batter for each cake. Gently cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to appear on top, then flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side, until well risen and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, extra lemon zest and a sprinkling of icing sugar. Enjoy!