I tend to always pop some salmon fillets into my shopping trolley. They're so useful for when you need to conjure up a quick supper! And these kebabs are certain to be a winner; in fact even those in the family who aren't so keen on salmon seem to love them! The sweet chilli sauce and lime combination transforms them into sweet and spicy yumminess. A very tasty and easy way to get some good quality protein and healthy fats into your diet.
Click here to link to the facebook live video for a step by step on how to make them, or scroll down for the recipe. Enerjoy!
- Prep time: 5 mins plus up to 2 hours to marinate
- Cook time: 8 mins
Ingredients to serve 4
- 500g piece of salmon, cut into large chunks
- 4 kebab skewers
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 lime leaves (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped bunch fresh coriander
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into four
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Gently stir in the salmon pieces so they are well covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak these for 30 minutes in advance. Thread the salmon onto 4 skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Shake excess marinade from the kebabs. Griddle for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until the salmon is just cooked. Try not to over-cook as this will dry out the salmon. Transfer the kebabs to a plate, scatter over the coriander and fresh chilli, and serve with the lime wedges and extra chilli sauce.
Head over to Facebook for a step by step #CookWithKate video...