Are you a lunchbox ninja or are you hooked on your regular meal deal? With a little prior planning and preparation, it’s easy to boost both your lunch hour or even your kids school lunch with more nutrients and deliciousness!
For those who like a lunchtime protein boost, take this Thai Salmon Protein Pot into work or school with you in your lunchbox. Loaded with great quality protein, healthy fats and antioxidants, this salad will not only fill you up, it will also provide excellent anti-inflammatory properties to help your muscles, your gut and your immune system healthy. We love it stored in a kilner jar; it keeps the salad beautifully fresh (and it looks more appetising than a Tupperware … but admittedly less practical!)
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
- Equipment: bowl, grill or griddle, kilner jar
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 x skinless salmon fillet
- 1 green chill, deseeded and finely sliced
- ½ small red cabbage, finely chopped
- 100g cooked edamame beans
- 50g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 25g fresh coriander
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the pack instructions, drain and leave to cool.
- Grill or griddle the salmon for 8- 10 minutes until just cooked through. Leave to cool and pull apart into flakes.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Layer up the noodles, green chilli, red cabbage, edamame beans and salmon in a kilner jar. Top with cashew nuts and coriander. Pour over the dressing and close the jar. Refrigerate until ready to eat.