I hope you enjoy my mouth-watering and refreshing Tropical Power Punch with Ginger and Turmeric. Packed with carbohydrate, protein and all the electrolytes, with the added anti-inflammatory benefits of ginger and turmeric, this smoothie really does punch above its weight!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: No cook
Makes 2 glasses
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 ripe mango (or frozen equivalent c. 1 cup)
- ½ fresh pineapple (or frozen equivalent c. 1 cup)
- 1 small banana
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp honey (optional)
- 250ml milk
- 2cm piece fresh ginger
- 1cm piece fresh turmeric
To serve (optional):
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Zest of half a lime
- Put two long glasses in the freezer so they can get really cold while you prepare your power punch.
- Prepare your fruit, if you are using fresh fruit. Peel, core and chop your pineapple. Slice your mango in half vertically. As you hit the stone, guide the knife around it and continue slicing. Do the same with the other side. Then using the tip of your knife, cut a cross-cross pattern into the flesh of each half, making sure not to cut through the skin. Turn the halves inside out to reveal the mango cubes. Then carefully slice them off with your knife. Peel and chop the banana.
- Place the ice cubes and fruit in the blender, add the lime juice, honey (if using) and the milk.
- Peel the ginger and the turmeric, and grate into the fruit mix, using the smallest holes on your grater.
- Blend until smooth. If the drink is too thick, add a little more milk.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer. Pour into the glasses, add a little more grated ginger and lime zest on top if you like, and enjoy.