Hydration gets really tasty with this fast, fresh and fabulously light Watermelon & Feta Salad. Containing 97% water, it’s also rich in natural sugars, potassium and vitamin C. Combined with salty feta cheese, this salad provides almost 900mg sodium and 560mg potassium, as well as calcium and magnesium and a healthy portion of protein. Perfect for effective post exercise rehydration and recovery.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 75g feta cheese, sliced into small chunks
- 2 baby gem lettuces, sliced into ribbons
- mixed baby leaves (lambs lettuce, watercress and spinach)
- 1/2 large watermelon, sliced into chunks, seeds and peel removed
- 25g mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- reserved juice from the pomegranate and watermelon
- tiny pinch of salt
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- Briefly whisk the dressing ingredients together (add any juice left from slicing the watermelon and de-seeding the pomegranate too).
- Arrange the lettuce, baby leaves, pomegranate and watermelon on a large plate or shallow salad bowl. Toss with the dressing.
- Scatter with the feta and the mint.