Did you know that your muscles are at their most receptive straight after your workout. That’s why it’s best to get something down you as soon as possible, within 30 minutes, after exercise. This will promote recovery and reduce muscle fatigue, so you can continue training with a smile on your face. It’s called the magic window!
A combination of carbohydrate and protein will do the trick; go for a ratio of 4 parts carbohydrate to 1 part protein …
- The carbohydrate will replace depleted glycogen (energy) levels,
- The protein will get to work repairing muscle trauma and promoting muscle re-growth.
Try Kate's Top Ten #enerjoy-packed post workout snacks!
- Chicken wrap and a banana
- Milk recovery shake
- A few oatcakes with cheese
- Natural yoghurt and granola
- Scrambled eggs on toast
- Kate Percy's GO BITES - Hazelnut + Cacao (the protein ones) and a glass of milk
- Hummus & Pitta Bread
- Sweet potato soup
- Watermelon & Feta Salad