A garlicky mush of chickpeas, tahini, olive oil and lemon juice, what’s not to like about hummus? This recipe is a great source of plant-based protein as well as iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins, loved by everyone, even the kids. My youngest son would tuck into this as an after school snack - so much better than a chocolate bar!
Homemade hummus is so much better than the shop bought stuff.
Serve with crispy salad veg to pack in even more goodness …
So let’s get cooking! This simple recipe is from my Go Faster Food for Active Families book (available on the shop)
2 cans chickpeas
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp tahini
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Drain the chickpeas but reserve the chickpea water
2. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy
3. If the mix is too thick, add some more chickpea water
4. Add more lemon juice, coriander, cumin, sat and pepper to taste
5. Serve in a bowl, scatter with extra chickpeas and drizzle with olive oil
Et voila, packed with #Enerjoy!